Thursday 20 December 2012

Let's show off those awesome photos!

Thought I would share a few ideas for displaying all those wonderful family photos, maybe taken by yours truly :)

1) How about framing and displaying? Here's a personalized Christmas ornament that is super easy to make and is also a great gift ...



I used 83mm balls and they are just right for displaying small photos.
Get acetate paper from your local art supply or office supply store.
Cut out a circle to the diameter of your glass ornament.
**Make sure to leave a small tab at the top which will go in the neck of your ball and prevent your photo from sliding around inside the ball.
Use vellum tape to adhere small photo prints to the acetate. I printed my photos out with my local inkjet printer. The resolution doesn't need to be stellar as the print is tiny and it's inside the ball.
I did one photo on each side of my acetate cut out.

Roll up the decorated sheet just enough to slide it inside the ball. The acetate is firm enough that it should regain its shape once it unfolds.

Finish off by adding some festive beads or bits of garland and replace the metal neck. Take care not to bend in the prongs of the neck cap.

** the acetate can be quite staticky, I noticed the interior of my ball seemed to get coated with this static electricity and then the little snippets of garland stuck to the walls of the ball. I have read that you can wash your sheets of acetate with soapy water to remove this and I suspect that just running a dryer sheet over them might help too.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

add your comment here