Sunday 3 March 2013

Wedding Same-Day Slideshows

I get asked by many brides about having a slideshow display at their wedding reception. What is it? Well it's a peek at some of the images that I have taken from the beginning of the day, usually starting with the bride's preparation through to the ceremony and portrait session with her groom and wedding party. The slideshow is displayed at the wedding reception and gives the guests a way to share and enjoy the earlier part of the day that they weren't privvy to. How do I do it?

While the cocktail hour is on I have my assistant choose 20-30 images that she loves and then when the dinner is being served I prepare them with my laptop. Once the slide show is ready I display it in a loop and while the guests are mingling through the evening they get a chance to enjoy the photos. Without fail the Bride and Groom enjoy seeing the gorgeous captures and the loveliness of the day that has already gone by too fast.

Something else I like to do is post a gorgeous image to Facebook and tag the bride the day after her wedding or maybe even the same night. Let's face is, she is going to be tagged by countless of her besties from her getting her groove on, on the dance floor, and maybe she'd like to see something when she was at her BEST! :)
Here is a slideshow I put together for this beautiful bridal session I did at Rideau Hall in Ottawa Canada (which is the Governor General's Residence). This was a gorgeous winter day and the willing Felicia braved the cold temperatures. See after the video for photos from the session. Her makeup was by MakeupByCaroline. The music is I used in the slideshow is Wind Blown Glass Eye by Seahorse






rideau_hall_8391
rideau_hall_8397
rideau_hall_9317
rideau_hall_9330
rideau_hall_9348
rideau_hall_9354
rideau_hall_9355
rideau_hall_9369
rideau_hall_9371
rideau_hall_9373

No comments:

Post a Comment

add your comment here