Thursday 4 October 2012

Panning ... aka hand-galloping your way into my ❤

For those who don't know about panning, here is wikipedia's explanation: "refers to the rotation in a horizontal plane of a still camera" . "In still photography, the panning technique is used to suggest fast motion, and bring out the subject from other elements in the frame. In photographic pictures it is usually noted by a foreground subject in action appearing still (i.e. a runner frozen in mid-stride) while the background is streaked and/or skewed in the apparently opposite direction of the subject's travel." lol complicated much?

Ok what I wanted was to capture the speed of a horse hand-galloping across a field. Just so happens I had many to choose from as the riders at Stubbe Horse Farm were out enjoying a late summer day and they were happy to oblige me by going back and forth at break-neck speeds until I got the shot I wanted! I believe my best exposure had a setting of f/8 , 1/40s , ISO 100, lens:70-200mm 2.8@200mm... And here are the very fun results:

No comments:

Post a Comment

add your comment here